Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, 9 May 2012

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you know that nearly every day I post a quote from Oswald Chambers, from the book My Utmost for His Highest.

I usually read a selection in addition to my regular Bible reading. And instead of following it day-by-day, I'm just working my way through this devotional over the last year-and-a-half.

Chambers' writings have been challenging for me, helping me realize that I too often seek God's blessings and God's will, instead of simply pursuing God Himself. His blessings are meant to be an effect of a relationship with Him, not the purpose of a relationship. I need to be reminded regularly that God's main desire for me is to draw near to Him.

Now that I am almost done with this book, I'm considering using another devotional-type book as part of morning time with God. Here are some thoughts:
Do you have any books that you'd recommend? You can let me know in the comments.

Thanks!

image courtesy of Amazon.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment