Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, 16 August 2012

Yes, you read the title of this blog post correctly!


     Hubs and I have decided to unplug, so to speak.  We are going to turn off the TV, including Netflix, dvd's youtube, online streaming etc. and take a break.  I am not sure how much time I loose in a day due to television, I am guessing it is more than I think.  During the day, I have the tv on a lot, and I use the reasoning that it provides background noise when I am home alone, but I end up watching more TV than is probably good.  Our evenings, we eat dinner, and then watch TV.  Weekend days begin with the morning news and coffee (of course!) but the television does not get turned off.  It is on all day long!  That is the reason we are going to unplug, because watching television has become automatic, passive, and even with the DVR we seem "tied" to it.  
     I think this will be an interesting challenge for us.  We have lived without television in the past every time we move, but to have a TV and not watch it on purpose?  We have never tried it.  Starting Sunday August 19th - September 1st we will be TV free.  I will be checking in every weekend with an update about how well we do with this challenge.  

How would your family do without tv for a day/week/or more?
     

0 comments:

Post a Comment