Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, 22 August 2012

     Do you love Pinterest?  I do, I have a small obsession, just ask Kandi over at Gluten Free for Jen, she occasionally will ask if I need an intervention, or how on earth I ended up with 72 boards on Pinterest.  :)  But I can't help it, I love pinning all the things!  There really are some amazing projects/ideas/crafts/recipes etc.  and I have to remember them all somehow right?!?!  See its a small problem, but one I am willing to live with.
     Well, for the past few months I have been pinning without trying anything out.  This is not a good plan because then I end up with all these ideas and nothing to show for it, so I am going to start doing & pinning.  Lets face it, I am not going to stop pinning!
     I have seen homemade Febreze floating around for a while, on Pinterest and places long before Pinterest existed and I have always liked the idea, but again I have never tried it.  Imagine the savings and the different scents there could be, just the idea of it makes me happy.  Now this week I decided no more loving the IDEA, I am going to do this and I had everything I needed already in the house.

What you will need:
1/8 cup fabric softener 
2 tablespoons baking soda
water
reusable spray bottle

     I chose my favorite fabric softener scent, Gain Apple Mango Tango!  I use to be able to find the Febreze brand of this scent, but it has disappeared from our local stores and quite frankly its a bit out of our price range most of the time.  As you can see in the photo, I have been using Glade brand fabric refresher instead, and I am going to reuse the bottle for my homemade version.  Add the baking soda to the bottle, and some hot water and SHAKE well!  Then add your fabric softener and top off with more hot water.  Simple, easy and it works great!  I could not be happier with this!  
     Another pinner wrote that it costs $0.15 for each bottle, but I use coupons when I buy my fabric softener, and baking soda, so quite honestly I have no idea what it would cost to make for each bottle.  Each bottle of fabric softener (the brand I used) could make 22 bottles of homemade fabric refresher, and the softener costs less than the name brand versions so I know I am getting a GREAT deal!  

Do you secretly hoard pins on Pinterest like I do?  Have you tried any of the projects?  Follow me on Pinterest and see what may be in my future posts!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment