Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, 7 October 2012

Fall in Colorado
     I love fall, or autumn, however you may call it.  This time of year is my favorite season, and today I woke up and outside it finally felt like fall!  The air is cooler, with that "Crisp" feeling to it, that reminds me of humid chilly days back home.
     I was so excited, I ran around the house opening up all the windows!  Yes, until this morning our windows were closed and the AC was still on.  It has been in the low 90's for the better part of two weeks and being on the second floor makes our home get very warm, if it is over 85 outside.
     I am not sure what it is about fall that I love so much, maybe its the idea that Christmas is coming up around the corner? That could be it, but I think it is more than just a holiday in the future.  Fall reminds me of so many comforting things, like warm blankets and and pumpkin patches, spending time with my family.
     I remember one fall, I might have been 8-9 years old and it was hunting season, all the Uncles were at my Grandparents house and Gramita showed me how to make hot chocolate for the first time.  Real hot chocolate!  Not powders and water in the microwave, but real chocolate shaved off of a block, sugar and cream.  To me, it was so neat!  It was not the first time I had enjoyed Gramita's hot chocolate but it was the first time I ever watched her make it.
     Days like today, remind me of those special moments spent with Gramita and other family members enjoying fall favorites like football, food and game nights.  I just love this time of year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment