Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, 5 December 2012






With female designers like Phoebe Philo and Stella McCartney taking the lead, comfort plays a bigger role than ever on the runways. A great step for womankind. However, six inch heels still kill your feet the same way if you wear them long enough, being designer or not. Balancing that out with super comfort is much needed sometimes. And that comfort, to me and my toes comes in the form loafers, sneakers, biker boots or *drumroll* UGGs. There, I said it. And anyone who's ever slipped their bare feet in to those fluffy Uggs can't deny it's the best feeling ever. (Spill your winter confession, are you the same? I have a super short beige pair from a few years back)

I try to limit my wearing but whenever I’m on the couch late at night and need to step in to the cold for some last minute groceries, or after walking in heels for weeks during Fashion Weeks, or when flying in the winter, it's what I’m longing for. I prefer the really short version in Black or Sand (I remember being 15 and seeing Sienna Miller in those with boyfriend jeans, a leather biker jacket and furry vest and thinking it was the coolest thing). UGG just released a Holiday Collection with velvet, animal print and sparkly specials (yes, it happened in a dazzling multicolored sequin) and I won't deny in any way that I would love to slip on those velvet loafers from the Holiday line as my 'Home at Christmas evening opening presents before the bonfire look'.


first photo via sociallysuperlative

0 comments:

Post a Comment